Listen... the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra is playing

http://www.edmontonsymphony.com/

Friday, May 16, 2008

More Thoughts on P&B

If you haven't been to Bill's blog recently, he's done a few posts in the last few days about the last week before opening. Definitely check it out.

The more I think about this particular production of Porgy & Bess- the more I compare it to the musical RENT. Not the music of course- but just the whole look and feel of everything. The costumes, the set- very Broadway like. Defintely not your typical opera set. The photos explain what I'm talking about






On another note- Lyon is a fantastic Food city. Yesterday, Bill took myself and Elizabeth Withey from the Edmonton Journal out to this great little back alley place. Seriously best food I had in a long while- and honestly, one of the best nights I've had out in awhile. I don't think I've laughed that much in a long time.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: