Listen... the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra is playing

http://www.edmontonsymphony.com/

Sunday, May 18, 2008

They Love It! They Really Love It!

Last night was the opening night of P&B. I think they liked it.
All I heard at intermission was comments of ( * insert French accent here) Magnifique! Super! Tres Tres Bon!. Let me rephrase that... I think they loved it! Everyone involved last night was in mighty form.

At the end of the show, there was a hearty applause-followed by rhythmic clapping and foot stomping that I'm sure went on for what I felt was at least 10 minutes. I guess this is the French version of a standing ovation. After the performance, we headed over to the reception- hoping to talk to some of the cast and maybe take a few pictures. Suddenly Bill comes in- and makes a beeline for the food,which hadn't been touched yet ( I have no idea what they were waiting for) Suddenly there is applause as everyone is recognizes at Bill's "bold" move to the food. He yells Mangez! Mangez! Everyone got the hint and suddenly it was like a heard of cattle. Fortunately, I got there right before the food ran out.


Porgy ( aka Derrick Lawrence ), Porgy's daughter and Bill


Bill and Serena (Kristin Lewis)


Bill and his assistant Dominic Grier


Keep a lookout in the Edmonton Journal for Elizabeth Withey's review, the weekend of May 25th and 26th.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: