Listen... the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra is playing

http://www.edmontonsymphony.com/

Monday, January 19, 2009

The concert I've been most looking forward to this season is finally upon us - the Sci-Fi Spectacular with George Takei.  I'm a sci-fi fan and a soundtrack fan, so this is the perfect combination for me.  It will be a big show - lots of performers, a laser light show, and even a costume contest!  (Get to the Winspear lobby by 7:30 this Friday and Saturday to participate or just to watch...)


And then there's George Takei, who has become one of the busiest former cast members of any of the Star Trek series.  Aside from becoming an unexpectedly prominent figure in California's gay marriage battle, he's an announcer on the Howard Stern Show and came in 3rd on the reality show I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here! ... not to mention frequent guest appearances on the show Heroes and many, many voiceover spots in video games and cartoons like The Simpsons and Futurama ... and the recently announced spot in Star Wars: Clone Wars.  Have I missed anything?  Yes, lots, I'm sure.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: