Listen... the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra is playing

http://www.edmontonsymphony.com/

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Listen...

The CBC doesn't record as many ESO concerts as they used to (it seems), but when they do, at least you can listen any time you want online.


Here's a concert from this past September, conducted by William Eddins and featuring Nikki Chooi, Joshua Roman and DaXun Zhang.

And while looking at the above page I noticed a link to a recording from last April of former ESO composer-in-residence John Estacio's piece The Houses Stand Not Far Apart, written for a Richard Eaton Singers performance.  I'm listening to it right now, and I have to say, it's quite wonderful!  I missed my chance to hear it live last year, but I have the funny feeling that it won't be my last chance...

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: